What is Process of Hallmark Gold
The process of hallmarking gold explained. Learn about the authentication and certification process for hallmark gold.
Hallmark gold is an internationally recognized system for testing the purity of gold. It is used to certify the karat or purity of gold jewelry. The process of Hallmarking includes a series of steps that must be taken in order to verify the authenticity and purity of the gold.
What Is The Process Of Hallmark Gold?
The steps are as follows:
- The gold is weighed and measured to determine its purity.
- A sample of the gold is taken and tested to verify its purity.
- The gold is then stamped with the correct karat mark.
- The gold is then tested again to verify the karat mark.
- The gold is then sealed and dated.
- The gold is then sent to a Hallmarking Centre where it is tested and verified by an independent third party.
- Finally, the gold is stamped with a hallmark and issued a certificate of authenticity.
Gold Unit Converter 50 grams